Saturday, October 13, 2018

Stop blaming the victim


Reading some posts on Facebook the other day, and someone put up a post saying - brickbats to the person who stole her purse out of her car. Someone else replied with – why would you leave your purse in your car. Really? Seriously? You are asking that question?

I didn’t reply, as people are so nasty on Facebook, but if I did reply, this is what I would have written:
Why did I leave my purse in my car? Because it was MY purse and MY car and I have the RIGHT to put MY purse in MY car and expect it to be there when I go back to it.
The real question is: Why did someone think they had the right to remove MY purse from MY car?
Do not blame the victim! They didn’t do anything wrong (in this instance but it is this instance that I am talking about). The person who is in the wrong is the perpetrator NEVER the victim.

No comments: