Pasta spirals with chicken and mushrooms
500 g spiral pasta
500 g skinless chicken breast fillets, chopped into small cubes
200 g mushrooms, quartered
5 spring onions, sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
1 X 375 ml can reduced fat evaporated milk
1/2 cup chicken stock
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
canola or olive oil spray
1. Start cooking the spirals in a large saucepan of boiling water.
2. Spray a non-stick frypan or wok with oil and heat. Cook the chicken over high heat for about 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Reduce the heat to medium, add the mushrooms and spring onions to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes or until soft.
4. Put cornflour into a small bowl and gradually add 1/3 cup milk, stirring until smooth. Pour the remaining milk and chicken stock into the pan, then gradually add the cornflour mixture, stirring constantly. Keep stirring until the sauce boils and thickens. Season to taste.
5. Stir the chicken mixture into the sauce and gently heat through. When the pasta is al denté (cooked but still firm), drain and serve topped with the sauce.